Vhong Navarro Latest News: Deleted Text Messages Between Navarro and Cornejo Recovered

February 16, 2014 Updated: July 18, 2015

Deleted text messages exchanged between Vhong Navarro and Deniece Cornejo have been recovered by Filipino authorities.

The messages were recovered by the National Bureau of Investigation.

The messages were supposedly exchanged after the January 22 incident that left Navarro beaten and claiming he had been blackmailed, and Cornejo claiming that Navarro tried to rape her.

CCTV footage and text messages recovered previously from Cedric Lee to Navarro back up Navarro’s story.

Navarro’s lawyer Alma Mallonga told radio DZMM that “We are so happy with the work that is being done by the NBI,” in regards to the messages being recovered.

She noted that she was not familiar with the technique used to recover them. The content of the messages has not yet been made public. 

She said that her and other attorneys are looking to get documents about the messages, including “confirmatory records [from] the telecom companies concerned to show that these messages were sent on this day, received on this day.”

Globe Telecom’s senior vice president and legal counsel, Atty. Froilan Castelo, told ABS-CBN that they don’t keep an archive of text messages but they do have transaction records, which show a text message was sent on this day, hour, and minute.

Mallonga has said that the text messages would further help dispel the attempted rape claim of Cornejo’s.

MORE:

Deniece Cornejo: Cedric Lee’s Kisses on Elevator Were an Innocent Gesture

Raymond Fortun Resigns as Cedric Lee Lawyer and Spokesman in Vhong Navarro Case

Follow Zachary on Twitter: @zackstieber
RECOMMENDED