Vance Says US Troop Deployment to Poland Has Been Delayed

‘We’re talking about shifting some resources around in a way that maximizes ​American security,’ Vance said.
Vance Says US Troop Deployment to Poland Has Been Delayed
Vice President JD Vance speaks during a press briefing at the White House on May 19, 2026. Madalina Kilroy/The Epoch Times
|Updated:
0:00

U.S. Vice President JD Vance said on May 19 that a planned U.S. troop deployment to Poland has been delayed and that it was not accurate to say the troops were being withdrawn from ‌Europe.

Last week, the Pentagon and the Polish defense minister said that the United States had decided not to proceed with the temporary deployment of 4,000 extra U.S. troops to Poland.
Google LogoMark Us Preferred on Google
Owen Evans
Owen Evans
Author
Owen Evans is a UK-based journalist covering a wide range of national stories, with a particular interest in civil liberties and free speech.