Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe said on Oct. 19 that he believes U.S. Attorney John Durham’s investigation into the origin of the Russia probe "should" result in more indictments, based on the intelligence he has access to.
Bartiromo was asking Ratcliffe about documents that his office declassified earlier this month relating to the FBI investigation of the Trump campaign over alleged collusion with Russia to influence the 2016 presidential election. That probe, which evolved into former special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation, yielded no evidence of collusion or cooperation between Russia and the Trump campaign.
As part of that investigation, the FBI sent spies to target members of the campaign and obtained intrusive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants against former campaign adviser Carter Page. In obtaining the warrants, the bureau used an unverified dossier compiled by a former British spy who was ultimately paid by the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign.
Apart from Clinesmith's plea, Durham’s work has largely been behind-the-scenes, which has left people speculating about his progress and whether accountability will be achieved.
Responding to a question about Durham's timeline and accountability, Ratcliffe said that "prosecutors shouldn't be looking at election calendars." He said he believes Durham is trying to carry out a "fair administration of justice."
He added that some of the documents that "underscore the abuses of power are just coming to light."
"I mean I just declassified some of them and that has been a process that's been in the works," he said.
“I will continue to ensure the Intelligence Community’s responsiveness to the DOJ’s requests."