Cuban Americans ‘Absolutely Delighted’ After Raúl Castro Indictment

‘This administration has shown a willingness to take steps that other administrations would not,’ a Cuban American source said.
Cuban Americans ‘Absolutely Delighted’ After Raúl Castro Indictment
Thousands of Cuban Americans showed up for a rally to support U.S. intervention in Cuba's communist government. Attendees held a sign saying "Cuba Next" in Hialeah, Fla., on March 25, 2026. Troy Myers/The Epoch Times
|Updated:
0:00

Former Cuban leader Raúl Castro is facing murder charges from a U.S. indictment announced earlier this week, and Cuban Americans have said it’s more than just a symbolic gesture—it’s a promise that the 94-year-old will soon be facing justice.

Sources told The Epoch Times that given the U.S. actions against Venezuela, with the capture of leader Nicolás Maduro in Caracas, and the decapitation of the Iranian regime, it would be foolish of the communist Cuban government to dismiss U.S. President Donald Trump’s rhetoric toward the island nation.

Google LogoMark Us Preferred on Google
Troy Myers
Troy Myers
Author
Troy Myers is a regional reporter based in St. Augustine, Florida. His background includes breaking, criminal justice, and investigative writing for local news, producing on a national morning newscast in Washington, D.C., and working with an award-winning, weekly investigative news program. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his dog at the beach.