Two Female Falun Gong Practitioners Raped by Chinese Police (Warning: GRAPHIC PHOTOS)

December 2, 2005 12:00 am Last Updated: December 2, 2005 12:00 am

While a group of investigators from the United Nations has been investigating cases of torture in China since November 22, 2005, police from Dongchengfang Town Police Station, Zhuozhou City, Hebei Province, under the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) policy of persecuting Falun Gong, took into custody two female Falun Gong practitioners, Ms. Liu Jizhi and Ms. Han Yuzhi, removing them from their homes. During the so-called “official investigation” at Dongchengfang Town Police Station, a policeman named He Xuejian raped Ms. Liu Jizhi and Ms. Han Yuzhi.

According to a report on December 1, Ms. Liu Jizhi, 51 years old, is from Xitong Village, Dongchengfang Town, Zhuozhou City, Hebei Province. She has two daughters.

Around 8:00 p.m. on November 24, 2005, while Ms. Liu Jizhi was alone at home with doors locked during her husband's absence, six or seven policemen climbed the wall and broke into her home. They pressed her to the ground while they ransacked her home, leaving nothing unturned. The police confiscated Falun Gong exercise music tapes and an audiocassette player with an English-language cassette.

In the dim light, Ms. Liu could tell that they were wearing police uniforms, but they did not show Ms. Liu their police badges or any search warrants. That night, Ms. Liu was brought to the village's jail, where she was transferred to the police van and sent to Dongchengfang Police Station.

Raped after Shock by Electric Baton

After years of persistent persecution since July 20, 1999, the local police seem to have come accustomed to hating and torturing Falun Gong followers. At the police station, the police asked Liu, “How many people are practicing Falun Gong in your village?” Ms. Liu replied, “I don't know.” The police immediately jumped on Mr. Liu and brutally beat her.

They also made her squat with her arms stretched out in front of her chest. Next they began to beat her with stun batons and rubber clubs. Then the police forced her to slightly stand up with her knees, causing her to collapse to the ground. After repeated torture and beatings, Ms. Liu's hips, thighs, and many areas on her body were severely bruised and injured.

A policeman even groped her body in a lewd manner and told her obscenely, “Do you think I am being thuggish?”

Ms. Liu Jizhi suffered from brutal beating and rape. Her hips and thighs are severely bruised.
Ms. Liu Jizhi suffered from brutal beating and rape. Her hips and thighs are severely bruised.

Around 2:00 p.m., a policeman named He Xuejian took Ms. Liu to a room with two beds in it. A very tanned policeman in his early 30's with the nickname Dajun was laying on one of the beds. There was another policeman in his 40's surnamed Wang in the room.

He Xuejian savagely beat Ms.Liu as soon as they entered the room. Next he pressed her against a bed and started groping her breasts. Then he lifted her shirt up and shocked her breasts with an electric baton. While watching the sparks from the stun baton, He Xuejian repeatedly commented, “This is fun! This is fun!”

The policeman surnamed Wang watched and said fiercely, “Beat her up! Beat her up good!” Then he left the room.

Despite Ms. Liu's protest and struggle, He Xuejian stripped off her shirt and sat on her stomach. Then he began to poke at her genitals with his finger. Then he switched to another position in order to remove her pants.

During the struggle, Ms. Liu pleaded, “I am thinking for your own good—don't do this to me! You are a policeman! You must not commit such a crime! This is totally wrong! You are a young man! I am an old woman. Please spare me.” He Xuejian ignored her plea and violently raped her. During the rape, He Xuejian repeatedly slapped her face and choked her.

Ms. Liu Jizhi's hips and thighs are severely bruised.
Ms. Liu Jizhi's hips and thighs are severely bruised.

Ms. Liu later said that because she was feeling desperate, she thought of killing herself, but almost immediately changed her mind because she heard a voice in her head, “It is a sin to commit suicide!” Then she shouted out loud for help with all the strength she had left. However, given her physical condition at the time, no one outside of the room could hear her desperate call for help: “Help me! Please help me!”

Afterwards, He Xuejian put on his pants and made obscene and lewd comments, looking very pleased and satisfied. Ms. Liu burst into tears. She cried and sobbed. She left the room and told other Falun Gong practitioners, “He has done a terrible thing! He has done a terrible thing! You must be careful!” Then He Xuejian told another Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Han Yuzhi (42 years old) to enter the room and he subsequently raped her.

Ms. Liu Jizhi's hips and thighs are severely bruised.
Ms. Liu Jizhi's hips and thighs are severely bruised.

Other Police Officers Did Not Stop Him

During the two consecutive rapes, the young policeman nicknamed Dajun did nothing. He turned a few times on the bed. Then he watched He Xuejian rape the two female Falun Gong practitioners. He did not say anything, nor did he try to stop the rapes.

After the rape, the police told Ms. Liu Jizhi to mop the floor, clean up the rooms and the office. According to Ms. Liu Jizhi, her legs were weak and she was absent-minded for she was shell-shocked from the horrible rape. After Ms. Han Yuzhi was raped, she was also forced to mop the floor and wash police cars.

That night He Xujian, still in police uniform, took Ms. Liu and walked around in the police station looking for a room in which to rape her again. Eventually he gave up the idea because there were people in every room. The police kept Ms. Liu until November 26 when her husband returned home and borrowed 3,000 yuan to pay the “ransom” to the police.

The rape severely injured Ms. Liu Jizhi, as well as her husband and her daughters. For the past few days since the rape, Ms. Liu has been crying and sobbing every day and staring blankly. She looks very confused and absent-minded. More information about this tragedy is under collection.

Since the CCP started the crackdown on Falun Gong in July 1999, there have been numerous cases of female Falun Gong practitioners reported raped and abused. The Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in Liaoning Province was infamous for stripping 18 female Falun Gong practitioners naked and throwing them into a men's cell. After the gang rape, the authority not only denied its crime, but also took many measures to conceal its crimes and eliminate the evidence.

Ms. Wei Xingyan, a graduate student at Chongqing University in Sichuan Province, was raped by a policeman in front of two female prison inmates. After the policeman's act of sexual abuse was exposed, the police transferred Wei Xingyan elsewhere, and no one has been able to locate her since. All the Falun Gong practitioners that helped expose the horrible rape were sentenced to many years in prison. Chongqing University even removed all the information about her department from the school's website and denied the existence of the woman.