Two Dead Women Found Duct-Taped After Washing Up From NYC’s Hudson River

By Zachary Stieber
Zachary Stieber
Zachary Stieber
Zachary Stieber is a senior reporter for The Epoch Times based in Maryland. He covers U.S. and world news.
October 25, 2018Updated: October 29, 2018

Two women whose bodies were bound together with duct-tape were found by police officers after washing up from New York City’s Hudson River off Manhattan’s Upper West Side neighborhood.

Officers responded to the area of 68th Street and Riverside Park after someone found the bodies laying on rocks near the river.

The bodies were bound together with duct tape, a police source told WABC. A number of other outlets confirmed the situation.

The New York Police Department (NYPD) confirmed that two bodies were discovered in the area around 2:40 p.m. on Oct. 24 but did not officially mention the duct tape, reported Fox 5. No pictures of the women’s bodies have been made public. The women were fully clothed and there were no signs of trauma.

Sketches of the women were released on Thursday as officials sought help identifying them.

sketches of women found bound with duct tape
Two women were found next to the Hudson River on the Upper West Side of the Manhattan borough of New York City on Oct. 24. (NYPD)
bodies found bound with duct tape
Police officers in New York City on Oct. 24, 2018. (Fox)

Investigators described both women as being 25- to 30-years-old, standing 5 foot 3 to 5 foot 6, with a medium build, medium skin tone, and shoulder-length curly dark hair. The women were wearing black jackets with fur trim and black leggings.

Anyone with information is urged to call 911 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS. Tipsters can remain anonymous.

Police officers said the medical examiner’s office will work to determine how the women died.

People in the area said the situation was frightening.

“It’s scary, this is supposed to be a good neighborhood where you should feel safe,” one Upper West Side resident told CBS2.

An unnamed police official told the broadcaster that officials suspect the women may have committed suicide by jumping off the George Washington Bridge, with their bodies eventually making their way down the river.