A 4-month-old boy is recovering after spending 12 hours in a hot car in Alabama, it was reported.
Jermius Scott, a bystander, saw the child as he was going to his car in Mobile, WPMI reported.
“When I saw him cry it almost made me cry, so I hit one time and it bust,” he said.
Another witness, Tarance James, said the child was “turning purple,” unable to cry, and was sweating through his clothes.
“I see the baby turning purple, it was sweating, I looked at the scalp, it was dry and had dandruff,” said James, according to the report “So, when they got the baby out of the car and the back was wet, the Pamper was wet, the baby wanted to cry but it couldn’t cry, I’m like, oh, man.”
The child’s father, who was not named, was allegedly supposed to be watching the boy but told officials that he forgot him in the car at around 10 p.m. the night before.
Police were called at around 9 a.m. the next day about the child, who was not identified.
The father told investigators he must have forgotten the little boy after dropping his other two children at their grandmother’s house https://t.co/Hh4wmPpVdy
— CBS Austin (@cbsaustin) May 31, 2019
“I was going crazy just thinking it’s a kid,” Scott said, according to the report. He added that the incident is “dead wrong, leaving the baby in the car like that, you don’t do that.”
The child was rushed to a hospital to be checked out, and an investigation is ongoing.
NBC15 reported that no charges were filed against the father. Officials said that the father may have forgotten the boy after dropping off his other two children at their grandmother’s home.
The report said that the father isn’t allowed to be alone with the baby now.
Another Hot Car Incident
A 4-year-old boy has died after he was found in a hot car at a home in Richland County, South Carolina—the first hot-car death in the state this year, according to the coroner’s office.
In a news conference on May 24, sheriff Leon Lott and coroner Gary Watts warned parents about the dangers of leaving children unattended in cars, after Zion Akinrefon of Maryland died at a Midland hospital two days before, due to complications of probable hyperthermia, reported WIS news.
“These kinds of incidents tug at my heartstrings,” Lott said.
Authorities responded to a call at a home in Blythewood on May 22 after Zion was found unresponsive. The 4-year-old was visiting family members in South Carolina when his mother noticed her son had gone missing. After a search, the mother found Zion in the back seat of the family’s car.
According to reports on May 7, a toddler died after being left in a car in New Jersey.
Lakewood Township police said they are investigating the death of the nearly 2-year-old girl, NBC New York reported, which added that the girl died at around 2 p.m. local time.
Mayor Meir Lichtenstein said warm temperatures contributed to this girl’s death. “It seems like wonderful parents. They have one other child that is approximately 4 1/2 years old that is also a girl, and they are very saddened,” Lakewood Mayor Meir Lichtenstein told CBS New York. “I was actually at the hospital and I saw the parents. They’re extremely saddened by what happened.”
Epoch Times reporter Janita Kan contributed to this report.