Trump Team Begins Forensic Examination of Dominion Machines in Michigan: Ellis

December 6, 2020 Updated: December 7, 2020

President Donald Trump’s legal team began a forensic analysis of Dominion voting machines in Michigan after a judge on Dec. 4 permitted the examination.

“Our team is going to be able to go in this morning at about 8:30 [a.m.] and will be there for about eight hours to conduct that forensic examination and we’ll have the results in about 48 hours, and that’ll tell us a lot about these machines,” attorney Jenna Ellis told Fox News on Dec. 6.

“A judge actually granted our team access … to conduct a forensic audit,” Ellis added.

Ellis was referring to a ruling from a judge in Antrim County, Michigan, who authorized the audit of 22 Dominion Voting Systems machines, said Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani. It isn’t clear which of the several election lawsuits the order originated from.

Later, Antrim County spokesperson Jeremy Scott told the Detroit Free Press that forensic images will be taken from voting machines used during the Nov. 3 election. Judge Kevin Elsenheimer issued the order in response to challenge from voter William Bailey, who filed a lawsuit alleging that ballots were damaged in the recounting of ballots relating to a marijuana proposal that passed Nov. 3, reported Fox News. Elsenheimer’s order doesn’t mention the presidential race, and it isn’t yet clear whether the order allows Trump’s team to examine the machines.

The Michigan GOP noted in November that voting machines in Antrim County incorrectly switched 6,000 votes to Joe Biden from Trump. The secretary of state’s office said it was due to a technical error and non-updated software, adding that the issue was later corrected.

Ellis, in the Fox News interview on Dec. 6, cast doubt on the secretary of state’s claims, saying that it was “an unexplained and so-called ‘glitch.'”

House Administration Committee Holds Hearing On 2020 Election Security
(L–R) President and CEO of Election Systems & Software Tom Burt, President and CEO of Dominion Voting Systems John Poulos, President and CEO of Hart InterCivic Julie Mathis testify during a hearing before the House Administration Committee on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, Jan. 9, 2020. (Alex Wong/Getty Images)

Elsenheimer’s order stated that Antrim County needs to “maintain, preserve and protect all records in its possession used to tabulate votes in Antrim County, to not turn on the Dominion tabulator in its possession and to not connect the Dominion tabulator in its possession to the internet,” as reported by the Detroit News.

Jake Rollow, a spokesman for Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson, told the Detroit News that the judge’s order isn’t clear.

“However, what we know, and has been previously explained on numerous occasions, is that a human error by the Antrim County Clerk prompted results to be reported incorrectly,” Rollow told the publication. “Reporting errors are common, have no impact on tabulation, and are always caught and corrected in the county canvass if not before, as was the case in Antrim County.”

Dominion, in numerous statements, has vigorously denied that its machines can switch votes from one candidate to another and also has denied ties to other vote-tabulation software companies or foreign governments.

The Epoch Times reached out to the Michigan secretary of state’s office and Antrim County after Ellis’s Fox News interview. Neither responded to requests for comment by press time.