A former high-level Trump administration official was suspended from Twitter, in the latest move from the technology giant against conservatives.
Former White House trade adviser Peter Navarro said he was restricted from accessing his account.
“It wasn’t because of anything I said, it’s because of who I am and what I might say. The great firewall of Silicon Valley grew another few feet today,” Navarro said Wednesday during an appearance on Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”
“This is totally unacceptable. If Jack Dorsey came up to me in the public square, ripped down a sign from my hand in a peaceful protest, stomped on it, and then muzzled me, he’d get arrested, but he can do that now in the digital public square,” he added. Dorsey is Twitter’s CEO.
Twitter didn’t return a request for comment.
Users landing on Navarro’s profile page were met with a warning that the account was restricted “because there has been some unusual activity.” If they agreed to view the profile anyway, they could see Navarro’s past tweets.
Twitter banned President Donald Trump earlier this month, along with a slew of other conservatives.