The Sims 4 will be launched in September, according to a trailer of the game that was released during E3.
“These are brand new Sims whose traits, emotions and aspirations combine to define more meaningful personalities than you’ve ever played with before,” The Sims 4 Executive Producer Rachel Franklin told PC Gamer. “You decide not only what they look like, but more importantly, who they are. The combination of these new Sims, our powerful new creative tools, and the all-new Gallery add up to the best game we’ve ever made.”
The trailer notes that the game will specifically come out Sept. 2. The game is available for pre-order via Origin for $59.99 for the Limited Edition and $69.99 for the Digital Deluxe edition.
The gameplay trailer says “The Sims 4” will feature “smarter” Sims who have “big personalities.”
Recently, the GameRanx website posted the Aspirations and Traits of players.
Here’s the Aspirations list, per GameRanx:
• Deviance – Bonus Trait: Dastardly – Dastardly Sims perform stronger and more successful mean interactions
Aspiration Option #1: Public Enemy – This Sim wants to make enemies and be a famous criminal Reward Trait: Mastermind – Masterminds know just the right things to say to cause anger, sadness, and jealousy in their opponents.
Aspiration Option #2: Chief of Mischief – This Sim is all about pranks and mayhem! Reward Trait: Tormentor – Tormentors can sabotage almost anything, be it an object, or another Sim’s best efforts.
• Family – Bonus Trait: Domestic – Domestic Sims will see their familiar relationships grow stronger faster.
• Food – Bonus Trait: Essence of Flavor – Sims with Essence of Flavor make higher quality food and drink.
• Fortune – Bonus Trait: Business Savvy – Business Savvy Sims earn more money from their careers.
• Love – Bonus Trait: Alluring – Alluring Sims are more successful at romance than others.
• Nature (Aspiration) – Bonus Trait: Collector – Collectors can find rare collectibles more often!