Preparing for a wedding can be incredibly stressful. There is so much to do, and it often seems like there is no way that it is all going to be done on time. One of the most important parts of getting ready for a wedding is buying the wedding dress, which can be an adventure all in itself. Most brides have a love/hate relationship with wedding gown shopping. They love to find the gowns of their dreams, but they often don’t care all too much for the process.
These days, many brides are staying out of the stores and opting to buy their gowns online. This way, they don’t have to try on a lot of gowns and spend hours in stores, and they don’t have to deal with clerks who work on commission and are trying to sell the most expensive gowns. There are many popular bridal outlets that offer their products online, and it makes this part of the wedding preparations a lot easier and less stressful.
There are all kinds of online stores where one can find beautiful bridal gowns, bridesmaids’ gowns, shoes, and accessories. Here are some of the most popular:
- Nordstrom’s The Wedding Suite – While there is not a Wedding Suite in every retail location, the online store is accessible to all. There is a great selection of designer gowns, and prices range from $200 to $10,000 and more. Don’t forget to check out the Honeymoon Shop as well.
- Gudeer – Here you will find an amazing selection of bridal gowns, veils, shoes, accessories, and more. There are many styles available for bridesmaids and mothers of the brides, as well as all of the jewelry you will need to make your look complete for your big day.
- David’s Bridal – Known for their White by Vera Wang collection, this is a popular online store with plenty of gowns to fit into any budget. They offer many sales and discounts, and often, beautiful gowns can be found for less than $100.
- Bloomingdale’s The Wedding Shop – Everything you need for yourself and your wedding party is available on this website. Find your dream gown, reception dresses, flower girl dresses, bridesmaids’ dresses, and much more, and at affordable prices.
- eDressMe – This isn’t the flashiest website in the world, but it does offer some great deals on popular bridal brands, including Love, THEIA, and Yu. Many gowns are available for less than $300.
- Net-a-Porter’s Wedding Boutique – This is for the bride who wants nothing but the best, and who can afford it. Here you will find bridal gowns from such designers as Alexander McQueen and Matthew Williamson.
- BHLDN – If you are looking for something that is totally exclusive, this is the place to find it. This line from Anthropologie offers unique designs, and there are stores in Houston and in Chicago if you want to see the designs up close and in person.
- J.Crew – You will find a great selection of affordable wedding gowns in the Weddings & Parties lookbooks, and there are always great sales to be had. Most of the wedding styles, including bridesmaids’ dresses, can only be found online, and not in J.Crew stores.
- Unique Vintage – Not only will you find today’s favorite brand names, this is an online store that also offers a number of vintage-inspired gowns that are unique, and made by top designers such as Dolly Couture and Fancy Bridal.
- The Outnet – This is described as “the world’s most fashionable fashion outlet” for good reason. There is not always the best selection of bridal gowns and reception dresses, but the discounts more than make up for the lack of a selection, and you will find such designer names as Narciso Rodriguez, Chloe, and Alexander McQueen.