Teen Who Killed Girlfriend’s Parents Mowed 40-Foot Symbol in Grass, Neighbors Say

December 27, 2017 Updated: December 27, 2017

Two months before allegedly killing the parents of his 16-year-old girlfriend, a Virginia teen mowed a giant, 40-foot swastika on a nearby community lawn, according to his neighbors, Fox News reported.

After killing Scott Fricker, 48, and Buckley Kuhn-Fricker, 43, of Reston, the teen then turned the gun on himself but survived the shot and remains in critical condition.

The teen, who remains unnamed due to his age, shot both parents when they discovered him in their daughter’s bedroom at 5 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 22.

The couple’s neighbor, Penny Potter, told the Washington Post that the parents could still be alive if the neighboring community had informed the police about the 40-foot swastika the teen mowed on the lawn two months before the killings.

“We live in a very safe neighborhood where kids can ride their bikes and not worry about anything,” Potter told the Post. “For the first time, I was fearful that there was someone living in our neighborhood who was capable of incredibly irrational behavior. If you see something that makes you say ‘Huh,’ just call police. They can tell you if it’s appropriate.”

When the Swastika was discovered, several neighbors got together to decide what to do. It was clear who committed the vandalism since the lawn mower’s tire tracks ran from the field to the teen’s house. The neighbors decided against calling the police and instead sent an envoy to the teen’s home to speak to his parents.

The parents admitted to the envoy that their teen mowed the swastika on the lawn and that they were of his issues and were seeking help.

The victims had been attempting to prevent their daughter from seeing the teen for some time before they were killed. Both parents were concerned about the teen’s extreme views after discovering a Twitter account they believed was connected to him which had retweeted images of Hitler and sent antisemitic messages, among other content, that raised alarm.

“They were going to take care of it,” Potter said. “They were aware of it.”

The teen remains in critical condition at a hospital. He has been charged with two counts of murder.

The couple’s attempts at separating the troubled teen and their daughter seemed to have succeeded after they set up an intervention, the girl’s grandmother, Janet Kuhn, told Washington Post. The girl appeared to agree with the parents’ pleas.

Police are not releasing information on the murders because of the suspect’s age. It is unclear how the teen obtained the alleged murder weapon.

“We aren’t releasing anything further at this point as he is a minor,” police spokesperson Julie Parker told the Post.

2017 Year in Review

From NTD.tv

Follow Ivan on Twitter: @ivanpentchoukov