The 2014 Sword Dancer Invitational is slated for Sunday, August 17.
The horse race in Saratoga Springs, New York is slated to start at 5 p.m. EDT.
It will be broadcast on Fox Sports 1.
Live streaming will be available via Fox Sports Go.
Check out post positions, horses, jockeys, trainers, and odds below.
1. O’Prado Ole, John R. Velazquez, Dale L. Romans, 15/1
2. Perfect Timber, Javier Castellano, Roger L. Attfield, 12/1
3. Amira’s Prince (IRE), Junior Alvarado, William I. Mott, 6/1
4. Main Sequence, Rajiv Maragh, H. Graham Motion, 2/1
5. Imagining, Joel rasario, Claude R. McGaughey III, 7/2
6. War Dancer, Alan Garcia, Kenneth G. McPeek, 81/
7. Twilight Eclipse, Jose Lezcano, Thomas Albertrani, 5/2
Motion, who won the 2004 Stakes with Better Talk Now, told the Troy Record that he’s looking forward to the opportunity of winning the race again.
“It’s kind of neat to be going back to that race and having a shot to win it again,” said Motion.
“Well, to be honest, when I won this race back in 2004 it was probably my first Grade 1 (at Saratoga) so it was a really big deal for me,” he said. “Plus, that horse meant so much to me anyway, Better Talk Now. It’s a big deal.”
Main Sequence is coming off a win at the Grade 1 United Nations Stakes in July.
“He’s done super since the race at Monmouth, since the United Nations. I kind of had this race in mind ever since he won that day because the timing is really good. He had a good work on Sunday and I’ll probably ship him up here on Thursday,” said Motion.
“I hope he can duplicate the race he ran in the United Nations but it was a huge race. Sometimes the second race back when they’ve been away, like he has, is often tough to duplicate that but he really has done well since that race. I’m very pleased with him.”