‘Stay Tuned’: Trump Says New Social Media Website Will Be Rolled Out ‘Soon’

May 25, 2021 Updated: May 25, 2021

Former President Donald Trump suggested that his new social media platform will be launched soon, while noting that mainstream media outlets misreported traffic to his website.

Several weeks ago, Trump rolled out a social media-like section on his website called “From the Desk of Donald J. Trump” that allows him to post statements.

Describing his website as a “temporary way of getting” his message out, Trump noted that it “is a place where everyone can see my statements, issued in real time, and engage with the MAGA Movement.”

“This is meant to be a temporary way of getting my thoughts and ideas out to the public without the Fake News spin, but the website is not a ‘platform,” according to Trump’s statement. “It is merely a way of communicating until I decide on what the future will be for the choice or establishment of a platform. It will happen soon. Stay tuned!”

“The Washington Post,” Trump added on his website on Monday, “also incorrectly reported about my DonaldJTrump.com website viewership.”

“We have not yet launched our own social media ‘platform,’ but even the very basic site we have to post our statements has received 36.7 million views over the past month alone, and we’re getting more traffic to our website now than in 2020, an Election year,” he continued to say.

Twitter, Facebook, and other big tech platforms suspended Trump in January following the Jan. 6 Capitol breach. Twitter executives have indicated that Trump—who had about 90 million followers on the platform—will remain suspended indefinitely, while Facebook’s “Oversight Board” ruled earlier this month to uphold his ban but set a time limit on it.

After Trump rolled out his “Desk” website, Twitter suspended accounts that were tweeting links to his statements.

“As stated in our ban evasion policy, we’ll take enforcement action on accounts whose apparent intent is to replace or promote content affiliated with a suspended account,” a spokesperson for Twitter told news outlets in early May. Reports said that the account referenced by Twitter wasn’t created by Trump or any of his subordinates.

The former commander-in-chief said that if he wasn’t banned, his website traffic “would be even greater if we were still on Twitter and Facebook, but since Big Tech has illegally banned me, tens of millions of our supporters have stopped using these platforms because they’ve become ‘boring’ and nasty.”

Separately, Trump adviser and spokesman Jason Miller in late March said their social media site will be operational in three to four months, meaning in June or July.