Star Wars Episode 7: Natalie Portman Says She Wishes to be in ‘Episode VII’

February 23, 2014 Updated: July 18, 2015

“Star Wars Episode VII” with be without Natalie Portman, who starred in a few of the franchise’s previous films, and the “Black Swan” actress has said she wishes she could be in it.

The producers of the film, slated for release in December 2015, have not revealed who will be in “Episode VII” yet.

Rumors indicate that Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and Mark Hamill might have parts in the movie.

Portman’s character died in “Revenge of the Sith.”

“I am so excited about them,” Portman told Movie Pilot this week. “I think J.J. Abrams is such a talent and I can’t wait to see what he does. I am only sorry that my character died, which means I can’t be in them. I saw him somewhere and I said, ‘How did this happen? I can’t believe I’m not going to be in the new movie.'”

Her interview comes after reports said that filming for “Episode VII” will start in May and end in September of this year. The information came from the website HitFlix, citing sources close to the production.

Abrams previously was trying to start shooting in May. “That’s the current plan. We have our script and we’re full steam ahead. Have script, will travel,” he said in January.

Abrams also confirmed that he spoke with Jesse Plemons of “Breaking Bad” possibly handing out a role. He also said he talked to Michael B. Jordan, Gary Oldman, an Zac Efron.

Regarding a meeting with Abrams, Oldman told Sky Moives: “I believe it when I’m on the plane home. The deal isn’t done, but yeah, they’ve inquired.”

RECOMMENDED