Stacey Dash, the conservative commentator, will not return to Fox News after the cable giant declined to renew her contract in the fall.
Dash, 50, hasn’t appeared on-air since September, a Fox spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter. The actress and sometimes author was an early supporter of Donald Trump during his campaign.
Fox also declined to renew a contract with longtime conservative columnist George Will—a notable critic of Trump on the right.
In June, Will said he was departing the Republican party due to Trump, which Trump relished on Twitter.
George Will, one of the most overrated political pundits (who lost his way long ago), has left the Republican Party.He’s made many bad calls
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 26, 2016
Political strategist Ed Rollins and columnist Cal Thomas also got the axe, it was reported.
According to The Hill, Fox made the decision to not bring Dash back last spring. She had been with Fox since 2014 and appeared on the show “Outnumbered.”
Last year, she came under fire when she argued for eliminating Black History Month and BET in a blog post. “I don’t need a special month or special channel. What’s sad is that these insidious things only keep us segregated and invoke false narrative,” she wrote.
Dash, who starred in “Clueless,” was also suspended for using a profanity on-air to refer to former President Barack Obama’s views on terrorism. All of the commentators were hired when Roger Ailes led Fox. The former chairman left Fox last summer amid accusations of sexual harassment, which he has denied.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.