This makes for an easy leftover lunch too that is very portable in plastic/glass containers.
1 ½ pounds boneless chicken breasts
1 ½ pounds boneless chicken thighs
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ cup fresh lime juice
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
Cooking Spray, olive oil flavored
24 6-inch corn tortillas
Shredded lettuce, generously applied
Chopped Avocado, ¼ per person
Greek Yogurt, plain, 2 tablespoons per person
Shredded Mozzarella, 1 tablespoon per person
Picante Sauce, 2 – 4 tablespoons per person
- Place chicken in the slow cooker that has been lightly coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together the tomatoes, garlic and next 5 ingredients. Pour over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5.
- Remove cooked chicken to shred it; use two forks to pull it apart. Return the chicken to the slow cooker along with any juices. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve up on warmed tortillas. Add toppings.
Serves 12. Each serving ¼ cup of pulled chicken taco mixture split between 2 tortillas.
The perfect summertime recipe- easy, done ahead of time and has leftovers so there is one less meal to cook!
Complete the meal with: slices of grilled pineapple.
Enjoy! And Live Vibrant!