Rosemont College Fire Put Out After Injuring Two

By Jack Phillips
Jack Phillips
Jack Phillips
Breaking News Reporter
Jack Phillips is a breaking news reporter at The Epoch Times based in New York.
August 7, 2013 Updated: July 18, 2015

A gas leak-fueled fire at Rosemont College in Pennsylvania has injured at least two people, according to local reports.

NBC Philadelphia reported that the fire was put out.

The fire, which first reported at around 4 p.m. in Lower Merion Township, was purportedly caused when a contractor hit a gas line while doing construction work, according to CBS Philadelphia.

Gas officials said the contractor hit a gas vein with a construction auger, and crews are on the scene to turn the gas off.

Rosemont College officials said that the power was turned back on at the campus after it went out.

Two workers suffered non-life-threatening injuries and were taken to a nearby hospital, according to ABC-6 TV.

Jack Phillips
Jack Phillips
Breaking News Reporter
Jack Phillips is a breaking news reporter at The Epoch Times based in New York.