“There was a pattern to his behavior,” Kelly wrote. “I would be called into Roger’s office, he would shut the door, and over the next hour or two, he would engage in a kind of cat-and-mouse game with me—veering between obviously inappropriate sexually charged comments (e.g. about the ‘very sexy bras’ I must have and how he’d like to see me in them) and legitimate professional advice,” according to an excerpt published by Politico.
Kelly said that Ailes made offers to boost her career for sexual favors but she rejected him.
“Crossing him was a major risk, but what if—God forbid—he was still doing it to someone?” Kelly wrote.
After about six months of harassment, Kelly reported it to her supervisor and it ended.
Ailes left Fox after several sexual harassment allegations and a lawsuit from former anchor Gretchen Carlson. Fox paid Carlson $20 million to settle the lawsuit, but Fox and Ailes still face another suit from ex-Fox pundit Andrea Tantaros.
Amid the allegations, Kelly remained mum.
Kelly’s book, “Settle for More,” is due on Nov. 15.
Last month, it was reported that Kelly was offered more than $20 million to stay with Fox News. Current Fox News CEO Rupert Murdoch told the Wall Street Journal that they hoped Fox and Kelly would come to an agreement over her contract “very soon.”