* Urgently fund providers to ensure more staff are available to allow family and friends to visit nursing home residents.
* Increase funding for allied and mental health services in aged care.
* Create clear protocols around transferring aged care residents with coronavirus to hospital.
* Deploy infection control experts to nursing homes to provide training and assist with outbreak plans.
* Ensure all aged care facilities have at least one trained infection control officer.
* Ensure coronavirus outbreaks are investigated independently and results are shared promptly.
* Establish a national aged care advisory body.
Source: Aged care royal commission report
By Daniel McCulloch in Canberra