The winning numbers for the Powerball drawing on Wednesday, Oct. 25 were announced. There were no winners.
The numbers were: 3, 21, 45, 53, 56, and Powerball 22, according to the Powerball website.
The jackpot has raised from $620 million to $750 million. The next drawing is on Saturday, Oct. 28.
The jackpot has a cash value of $428.6 million.
“It is an exciting time to be a lottery player,” Powerball product group chairman and New Mexico Lottery CEO David Barden said before the drawing on Oct. 25, CBS News reported. “As the country experiences the fun and excitement of record jackpots, it’s important to remember to play responsibly. Plus, revenues from ticket sales are going to benefit great causes.”
Powerball officials said that the last jackpot was hit on Aug. 11 by a Staten Island, New York man.
The largest Powerball jackpot, worth $1.586 billion, was shared three ways in January 2016.
Powerball, like Mega Millions, costs $2 to play, and it is sold in 44 states. The odds of winning are 1 in 292.2 million for Powerball.
The $1.5 billion Mega Millions jackpot was reportedly won by a person in South Carolina this week. WIS-TV reported that the identity of the person who won might never been known because South Carolina is one of several states that don’t require lottery winners to be identified.
The winning ticket was bought in Simpsonville, the report stated.
The winner of the jackpot has 180 days to come forward to claim the prize, according to WIS-TV.
“South Carolina has sold its 1st Mega Millions jackpot winning ticket! The ticket sold for last night’s drawing is worth more than $1.5 BILLION. #checkyourtickets,” the South Carolina Education Lottery wrote on Twitter.
“Our message to the $1.5 BILLION #Mega Millions jackpot winner: Sign the back of the ticket, place the ticket in a safe location, speak with a trusted advisor and CALL THE LOTTERY at 1-866-736-9819. Take a deep breath and enjoy the moment!” said the lottery on Twitter.
Here are the 10 largest U.S. jackpots that have been won and the states where the winning tickets were sold, according to The Associated Press:
1. $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
2. $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)
3. $656 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (three tickets, from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)
4. $648 million, Mega Millions, Dec. 17, 2013 (two tickets, from California and Georgia)
5. $590.5 million, Powerball, May 18, 2013 (one ticket, from Florida)
6. $587.5 million, Powerball, Nov. 28, 2012 (two tickets, from Arizona and Missouri)
7. $564.1 million, Powerball, Feb. 11, 2015 (three tickets, from North Carolina, Puerto Rico and Texas)
8. $559.7 million, Powerball, Jan. 6, 2018 (one ticket, New Hampshire)
9. $543 million, Mega Millions, July 24, 2018 (one ticket, California)
10. $536 million, Mega Millions, July 8, 2016 (one ticket, from Indiana)
The Associated Press contributed to this report.