Police Searching for Gang of 13 Involved in Brutal Roadside Attack

By Janita Kan
Janita Kan
Janita Kan
Janita Kan is a reporter based in New York covering the Justice Department, courts, and First Amendment.
February 25, 2018 Updated: February 25, 2018

Police are appealing to anyone who has information about a horrific road rage attack on Feb. 24.which left a man with “life-threatening injuries” after he was assaulted by up to 13 people.

Brock Prime, 29, from the Gold Coast was rushed to hospital in critical condition after he was allegedly threatened and assaulted by a group of people on the M1 Pacific Motorway in Queensland, Australia, according to a police statement.

According to initial investigations, a Subaru Forester station wagon and a white van stopped on the side of the motorway between Pimpama and Yatala around 9:30 p.m. and a physical assault ensued.

Witness reports have indicated that a tyre iron was possibly used as a weapon during the assault which left Prime with serious head injuries, reported the Gold Coast Bulletin.

Police are currently looking for “up to 13” occupants of the van who fled the scene before police and emergency services arrived.

Family members of Prime have also appealed to the public for help in identifying the Gold Coast concreter’s assailants. Prime’s brother Jonty told the Courier Mail that he wants people to know his brother is a loving and hardworking man who gave up everything to support his family after their father’s passing last month.

He hopes his appeal will help catch the culprits sooner.

“I’d like everyone to know his character as well as he is a very loving hard working man who gives up everything to take care of my sister, mum and I as my dad recently passed just last month, Brock has done his best to take up his role,” Jonty told the newspaper.

“He works six days a week and gives it all to us to make sure we have a roof over our head and food on the table.

“All the support and information we can get is greatly appreciated,” he added.

Gold Coast lawyer Campbell MacCallum who is familiar with the family told the Courier Mail that Prime was “bashed pretty badly.”

“He’s got multiple fractures including compound fractures of the legs,” MacCallum said.

Detectives have yet to be able to speak with Price who is still unconscious in hospital, reported the Courier Mail, citing a spokesperson from Queensland Police.

“We need some information from more witnesses to fill in a few blanks,” the spokesperson said.

“Being the M1 there were people travelling in the area that may have seen what happened.

“There’s nothing to suggest they were known to each other but it will form part of what the police will be looking at.”

Queensland Police held a press conference at 1:30 p.m. today appealing to the public for information about the incident.

If you have information for police, contact Policelink on 131 444 or submit information using the online form 24hrs per day.

From NTD.tv


Recommended Video:

Corvette Chase

Janita Kan
Janita Kan is a reporter based in New York covering the Justice Department, courts, and First Amendment.