The wife of one of the passengers on the MH370 flight, which vanished while flying from Malaysia to Beijing, says that whatever happened to the plane has nothing to do with the pilot.
“I’ve always believed the fault was with the plane, which is why I put a court case out against Boeing in the US—to prove that the Boeing 777s that are still flying are safe,” Danica Weeks told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, a Boeing 777, vanished on March 8, 2014.
Her 38-year-old husband Paul Weeks was one of 239 people on board the plane.
Weeks said that Boeing has a responsibility to continue paying for search efforts to try to locate the aircraft, as well as issuing an official statement that the Boeing 777s are safe to fly in.
“If they’ve got nothing to hide then, why not? They’ve got the money, they’ve got the resources,” she told Stuff, a New Zealand outlet.
“So let’s hear from them, let’s hear from the horse’s mouth that those planes are safe, because quite frankly their silence has been pretty scary.”
— 7 News Melbourne (@7NewsMelbourne) December 2, 2016
Weeks spoke as she launched a lawsuit against the major airline maker, saying the disappearance was due to a mechanical fault.
The wife refuses to call herself a widower and is still holding out hope that the plane is found.
“I just want to find him. That was the start goal and that’s still the end goal—to find Paulie,” she said.
And indeed the search is still ongoing.
Just this week, it was reported that a new American company specializing in high-tech seabed exploration had been handed a contract to search for the missing flight in the Indian Ocean.
The search will begin on Jan. 21 and will feature up to 55,900 square miles being looked at, reported AIN Online.
Don Thompson, a member of The Independent Group, which has served in an advisory role to the officials heading the effort to find the vanished plane, told the media outlet that he thinks the new search has “at least a 70 percent chance” of finding the plane.