NEW YORK—The Fire Department says about 75 people have been evacuated from a Manhattan subway station and two neighboring buildings due to elevated levels of carbon monoxide.
An FDNY spokesperson said that one minor injury was reported. The fire was said to be started either by an underground transformer or an electrical switch.
MTA spokesman Kevin Ortiz says smoke was reported in the station at 34th Street and Seventh Avenue.
He says 1, 2 and 3 trains have been bypassing the station.
Traffic also was hampered in the area due to fire and utility vehicles.
The FDNY spokesperson said the incident was reported at 11:58 a.m. on Wednesday.
At 2 p.m. the fire was already under control.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.