Newborn Isolated in Alabama Hospital After Nurse Contracts CCP Virus

March 25, 2020 Updated: March 25, 2020

A newborn baby girl was placed in isolation at a Georgia hospital after one of the nurses tested positive for the CCP virus, according to the child’s father.

Father Brandon Waltman told CNN that his daughter, Emmarie Grace, was in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at the University of South Alabama Women’s Hospital for the past month or so. He went to visit her on Monday, and officials told him that she was placed in isolation.

“The NICU nurse manager told me that they had just been given information that a nurse that had been taking care of my daughter within the past 2 weeks had tested positive for coronavirus and, as a precaution, they were going to isolate every baby that she had come in contact with,” Waltman also told NBC 15.

A statement from the hospital, USA Health, confirmed one of its staffers “tested positive” for the CCP virus. The spokesperson didn’t say where the person worked in the hospital.

The Epoch Times refers to the novel coronavirus, which causes the disease COVID-19, as the CCP virus because the Chinese Communist Party’s coverup and mismanagement allowed the virus to spread throughout China before it was transmitted worldwide.

“USA Health continues to implement all state and national guidelines to ensure we protect our patients, providers and staff,” Gary Mans, a spokesman, said in a statement to CNN.

Her father told the news outlet that Emmarie was born Feb. 20 but had to spend time in the NICU because she couldn’t feed well. After she was isolated, the parents are now allowed to visit the girl one at a time.

“It’s rough,” Waltman said. “But today is about pushing so some of this doesn’t happen again to her or God forbid anybody else.”

The concerned father also wrote on Twitter that he is more upset after hearing reports that some medical staff at the hospital don’t wear gloves or masks often.

“Yes we are upset that Emmarie is facing this virus, but we are way more upset about the lack of procedures and safeguards that have been setup in order to keep not only our daughter, but other children and hospital staff safe as well,” Waltman posted to Twitter on Tuesday.

He told NBC15 that the girl was tested for the virus. The family is now waiting for the results, but Whitman said the girl isn’t showing any symptoms.

“She is not coughing. She’s not sneezing. She is OK and I honestly don’t expect a positive test for her to come this morning, but that doesn’t mean tomorrow she is not,” he remarked.