NEW YORK—The streets of New York came alive on Thursday with those celebrating Thanksgiving among the wonders of the 86th Thanksgiving Day Parade. Among them, millions of small New Yorkers.
The Epoch Times took to the streets to ask children: 1. What is your favorite balloon in the parade? 2. What does Thanksgiving mean to you?
Erick Valdez, 8, Bay Ridge
2. The parade, the balloons. I want to give thanks to the country because I was able to come here. It is my first Thanksgiving in America. Am I going to be on the front page?
Kayla Ginn, 9, Brooklyn
1. SpongeBob SquarePants
2. The food, it’s fun! I like to cook for the family, I like turkey and I like the desserts and the pies and stuff we make and I like when we get together.
Ethan Li, 7, Roosevelt Island
1. Buzz Lightyear
2. Friends are coming around and we get to eat turkey.
Lia Kennedy, 5, Manhattan
1. Hello Kitty
2. I think it’s fun, we get to see the floats.
Elina Batt, 11, Manhattan
2. Fall and turkey. It’s fun because there’s no school.
The Epoch Times publishes in 35 countries and in 19 languages. Subscribe to our e-newsletter.