New York: North Merrick School Evacuated Over Carbon Monoxide

By Jack Phillips
Jack Phillips
Jack Phillips
Breaking News Reporter
Jack Phillips is a breaking news reporter at The Epoch Times based in New York.
October 10, 2013 Updated: July 18, 2015

Camp Avenue Elementary School in North Merrick, N.Y., was evacuated on Thursday afternoon due to high levels of carbon monoxide. Several students were treated for poisoning

Long Island’s News 12 reported that the school was evacuated at around 2:15 p.m.

A source with the fire department told ABC that several students were being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

The station said that elevated levels of the gas were “detected in the building,” but did not elaborate which building.

Story is developing; check back for updates.

Jack Phillips
Breaking News Reporter
Jack Phillips is a breaking news reporter at The Epoch Times based in New York.