Camp Avenue Elementary School in North Merrick, N.Y., was evacuated on Thursday afternoon due to high levels of carbon monoxide. Several students were treated for poisoning
Long Island’s News 12 reported that the school was evacuated at around 2:15 p.m.
A source with the fire department told ABC that several students were being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.
The station said that elevated levels of the gas were “detected in the building,” but did not elaborate which building.
Story is developing; check back for updates.