The NBA playoff standings have been shifting in March and several teams are back in the top eight of their conference or the running for a playoff spot.
The Memphis Grizzlies overtook the Phoenix Suns for the eighth spot in the Western Conference last week. The Suns are currently one game behind the Grizzlies and one-and-a-half games behind the Dallas Mavericks.
In the Eastern Conference, the Atlanta Hawks are on a three game winning streak that has temporarily secured their place in the eighth spot.
But the New York Knicks, one a six game winning streak, are now three-and-a-half games behind the Hawks, and in ninth place in the conference.
The Detroit Pistons and Cleveland Cavaliers have fallen back in the race for now.
Also in the East, the Washington Wizards have taken back the five spot from the Brooklyn Nets–for now. In the West, the San Antonio Spurs overtook the Oklahoma City Thunder for the first sport while the L.A. Clippers overtook the Houston Rockets for the third spot.
There’s about 15 games left for each team this season.
See the full standings below.
1. Indiana Pacers (49-17)
2. Miami Heat (45-19)
3. Toronto Raptors (37-28)
4. Chicago Bulls (37-29)
5. Washington Wizards (35-31)
6. Brooklyn Nets (33-31)
7. Charlotte Bobcats (33-34)
8. Atlanta Hawks (29-35)
9. New York Knicks (27-40) [3.5 games back]
10. Cleveland Cavaliers (26-41) [4.5 games back]
11. Detroit Pistons (25-41) [5 games back]
1. San Antonio Spurs (50-16)
2. Oklahoma City Thunder (48-18)
3. L.A. Clippers (48-20)
4. Houston Rockets (44-22)
5. Portland Trailblazers (43-24)
6. Golden State Warriors (42-26)
7. Dallas Mavericks (40-27)
8. Memphis Grizzlies (39-27)
9. Phoenix Suns (38-26) [1 game back]
10. Minnesota Timberwolves (33-32) [5.5 games back]