The NBA playoff standings continue shifting in 2014 as the regular season winds down.
The battle for the third and fourth spot in the Eastern Conference is one of the more closely contested. The Chicago Bulls moved in front of the Toronto Raptors for now on a two game winning streak, half a game ahead, for the third spot.
The Washington Wizards have recently fallen back for contention of the fourth spot while the Brooklyn Nets have moved up with a fairly strong 7-3 record in their last 10 games. They’re now 1.5 games behind the Raptors.
Meanwhile, the New York Knicks haven’t been able to capitalize on the Atlanta Hawks’ losses. The Knicks just lost two games and are still three games behind Atlanta for the eighth spot in the East.
In the Western Conference, the battle for the fifth spot is down to a half a game between the Portland Trailblazers and the Golden State Warriors. And the Phoenix Suns remain a half a game out of the top eight.
Check out the full standings below.
1. Indiana Pacers (51-20)
2. Miami Heat (48-21) [2 games back]
3. Toronto Raptors (40-31) [11 games back]
4. Chicago Bulls (40-31) [11.5 games back]
5. Brooklyn Nets (37-32) [13 games back]
6. Washington Wizards (36-34) [14.5 games back]
7. Charlotte Bobcats (34-37) [17 games back]
8. Atlanta Hawks (31-38) [19 games back]
9. New York Knicks (29-42) [22 games back]
10. Cleveland Cavaliers (28-44) [23.5 games back]
1. San Antonio Spurs (54-16)
2. Oklahoma City Thunder (52-19) [2.5 games back]
3. L.A. Clippers (50-21) [4.5 games back]
4. Houston Rockets (48-22) [6 games back]
5. Portland Trailblazers (45-27) [10 games back]
6. Golden State Warriors (44-27) [10.5 games back]
7. Memphis Grizzlies (42-28) [12 games back]
8. Dallas Mavericks (43-29) [12 games back]
9. Phoenix Suns (42-29) [12.5 games back]
10. Minnesota Timberwolves (34-35) [19.5 games back]