Nate Diaz: UFC Fighter Says He Doesn’t Want to Fight Anyone But Conor McGregor at UFC 200
As it turns out, UFC fans aren’t the only ones disappointed that UFC star Conor McGregor might not be facing Nate Diaz at UFC 200 in July.
“I came to fight Conor McGregor and I don’t have too much interest in anyone else,” Diaz said Friday. UFC President Dana White pulled McGregor from the event after McGregor said he was retiring on Twitter.
That tweet by McGregor, of course, stunned the world Tuesday.
Just hours after the tweet, UFC President Dana White said McGregor had been pulled from the event due to the Irishman’s unwillingness to fly to Las Vegas and participate in mandatory promotional activities.
“We pulled Conor McGregor from UFC 200 and we’re working on other fights right now,” White said Tuesday on ESPN’s Sportscenter. “Conor did not want to come to Las Vegas and film the commercial and be a part of the marketing. He’s in Iceland training.”
— FOX Sports: UFC (@UFCONFOX) April 22, 2016
Two days later McGregor posted an explanation on his Facebook page of his side of things and concluded by simply saying, “I AM NOT RETIRED.”
“I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote,” said McGregor. “I am still ready to go for UFC 200.”
So for those keeping score, McGregor seems to be out of UFC 200 because he doesn’t want to fly to Las Vegas and do the promotions. Meanwhile, Diaz only wants to fight McGregor.