Missing Plane Found Soon? Rescuers Say ‘Two Big Objects’ Discovered; AirAsia Flight QZ-8501 Bodies Located

January 2, 2015 Updated: July 18, 2015

Search and rescuers looking missing AirAsia Flight QZ-8501 off the coast of Indonesia bodies have recovered 30 bodies. On Saturday, officials in Indonesia say that “two big objects” were located.

The bodies were found in the Java Sea off the island of Borneo. Of the bodies found, 21 were located on Friday.

Many were discovered by a US Navy ship sent to the region to assist with the efforts. Officials said that some of the bodies were still strapped to their seats, according to Stuff.co.nz.

However, poor weather conditions, including stormy waters and large waves were preventing rescuers from doing their jobs on Friday. The weather prevented officials from deploying sonar equipment.

“With luck we’ll find more, because search operations are continuing,” Marsma Supriyadi, the head of operations for the National Search and Rescue Agency in Indonesia, told reporters, per Stuff.

The wreckage of the plane has not been located yet. It was traveling from Surabaya to Singapore on Sunday morning local time when it crashed.

AirAsia issued a statement on the progress earlier on Friday. It says:

The Disaster Victim Identification Police Department of Republic of Indonesia (DVI POLRI) today confirmed that the remains of three more passengers on board QZ 8501 were identified as Grayson Herbert Linaksita (male), Khairunisa Haidar Fauzi (female), and Kevin Alexander Sutjipto (male).

The handover of the remains from AirAsia to the families took place earlier today at Bhayangkara Hospital, Surabaya.

Khairunisa Haidar Fauzi was one of the flight attendants on board QZ 8501, and has been with AirAsia Indonesia since 28 January 2013. Khairunisa was well known for her professionalism as well as dedication at work.

Group CEO of AirAsia, Tony Fernandes together with Co-Founder and Executive Chairman of AirAsia Berhad, Datuk Kamarudin Meranun and CEO of AirAsia Indonesia, Sunu Widyatmoko flew to Palembang today to officially handover the remain of Khairunisa Haidar Fauzi to her family and attended her burial.