Live Blog Closed: Check for here for full coverage.
Welcome to the Epoch Times’ coverage of the 2014 midterm elections. We’ll be following pivotal Senate, House, and gubernatorial races nationwide. Below, you’ll find live updates from our reporters on the ground and at our HQ in New York.
Results Big Picture — Republicans Take Senate
- Republicans retain House majority, expanding their numbers to near historic highs. They now control of both chambers of Congress for Obama’s last two years in office.
- Democratic incumbents lost in Georgia, West Virginia, Illinois, New York and Florida. Republicans also claimed two open seats in New York and North Carolina.
- Mitch McConnell is re-elected in Kentucky and will be majority leader if GOP takes the Senate.
- GOP picks up West Virginia, Arkansas, South Dakota, Colorado, and Montana Senate seats from Democrats. Shelley Moore Capito becomes the first female U.S. Senator from WV.
- So far, Republicans have added 5 of the necessary 6 Senate seats to flip it red.
- The tossup Senate races: Louisiana headed to runoff? | Brown v. Shaheen in New Hampshire
- Republicans eye Senate control, bigger House edge
- Divide in electorate clear early on Election Day
- Sour mood rippling across country among voters
Entries to the live blog below update automatically.