Mental Hospital in Chongqing Persecutes Falun Gong Practitioner

November 3, 2007 12:00 am Last Updated: November 3, 2007 12:00 am

For the month of October, Huang Zhenglan, a woman in her 40s, from rural China was imprisoned in a psychiatric hospital in Chongging City because of her belief in Falun Gong. She is now receiving forced injections of unknown drugs twice a day.

Huang remains imprisoned since she was abducted by several men from her home in Zitong village, Changshou District, Chongqing City on September 29, 2007. Two of the men have been identified as Dai Shangyin, a staff from local 610 Office, and Zitong Village head, Che Huai. They sent Huang to a brainwashing center after abducting her.

According to a report on the Minghui Website, Huang was taken and held three times for her belief in Falun Gong. No arrest warrants or IDs were ever shown by governmental officials. Her family was not notified. In the brainwashing center, Huang was forced to take drugs that dulled her senses. If she refused the drugs, they would coil a rope around her entire body not only making it difficult to move but almost impossible to breathe.

Because Huang would not give up her belief in Falun Gong, she was transferred to Changshou District Psychiatric Hospital on October 3 by officials from the 610 Office and the Public Security Bureau (PSB). There she was injected with unknown drugs twice a day, leaving her in a rather stupefied state.

According to the Minghui Net report, the hospital director Dr.Tan Jian and doctor Deng Jie ordered the injections. An Epoch Times reporter confirmed that Dr. Tan verified the event. When the report asked him when they would stop injecting unknown drugs into Huang, Dr. Tan replied, “As fast as possible… Yet we have to get permission from the PSB.” However, when the reporter went on asking, “Why do you inject her with drugs since she is not mentally ill?” The doctor soon contradicted his previous statement, and said, “I am not injecting her with anything.” The reporter told him that her family said she was getting injections, and reminded him that using drugs to destroy a person's mind was illegal in the international community. Tan still refused to admit it, and said, “I know what you want to say. But I said I did not inject drugs into her.”

“How about her situation now?” the reporter asked. “I don't want to tell you since I don't know you…” Tan replied.

The database for Rescuing Falun Gong practitioners shows that Huang was healthy before she was kidnapped. However, during her imprisonment in the labor camp in 2005, she had symptoms of some mental disorder. It is suspected that she was forced to take nerve-damaging drugs. While she was in the labor camp, her husband divorced her because of great pressure applied by the authorities.

In 2006, she was sent back home because of mental disorder. When she arrived home, her entire body was swollen and deformed. She looked absent-minded without expression. Staying at home for a period of time, Huang gradually recovered. Then, she made a living by selling groceries. Afterwards, she was abducted for a third time and remains imprisoned in Changshou District Psychiatric Hospital.