Fox News host Megyn Kelly, in a recent short interview, said she and President-elect Donald Trump have buried the hatchet during a contentious election season.
“No, we’re good,” she said when asked by a TMZ reporter about how she feels about Trump in New York City on Thursday. “I went to see him at Trump Tower … everything’s been … much better.”
When asked if there will be any future interviews with Trump, she replied: “Absolutely. We’re all good” and gave the thumbs-up sign.
Kelly, the host of the popular “Kelly File” show, had been involved in a high-profile feud with Trump. After Kelly interviewed Harry Hunt, the author of “Lost Tycoon: The Many Lives of Donald J. Trump,” she said Trump wasn’t pleased and even called her.
“Trump was not happy with that interview,” Kelly said on the “Dr. Phil” show. “He wasn’t happy that I put the reporter on the show and four days before the presidential debate…” Kelly also asked Trump pointed questions about women to him during a Republican primary debate “I really enjoyed the debate tonight even though the @FoxNews trio, especially @megynkelly, was not very good or professional!” Trump tweeted in August 2015 after the debate.
This week, it was announced that Tom Lowell, the executive producer of Kelly’s show, was promoted to become Fox’s new vice-president and managing editor. Jay Wallace, Executive VP of News and Editorial for Fox News, announced that the position will start in January, Deadline.com reported. In the announcement, Fox News Channel said that “The Kelly File” is still “the second most watched program in cable news.”