Man Killed by Flesh-Eating Bacteria After Being Diagnosed With the Flu
A California man who was initially diagnosed with the flu has died from a flesh-eating bacteria.
Adrian Munoz, 37, went to the doctor on Dec. 30, and was diagnosed with the flu and prescribed bed rest.
But he was rushed to the hospital after condition deteriorated and blood work showed he had Necrotizing Fasciitis, an aggressive bacterial infection.
Surgeons tried to remove muscle tissue compromised by the bacteria over the next several days, but just three days after he had initially went to the doctor, Munoz was dead, reported NBC.
The memorial for the husband and father of two was attended by around 600 people, Julie Munoz, the widow, told the broadcaster.
“We have family in Mexico, we have family in Utah,” she said. “As soon as they knew, they were here. They were here because Adrian was that kind of person that everybody loved.”
A friend of the family’s, Silvia Rodriguez, posted a fundraiser on GoFundMe after the sudden death.
“Please help support Luisa and the family after the sudden, tragic loss of Adrian Munoz,” she wrote.
“Adrian was a devoted husband, amazing father and wonderful son, brother, uncle, friend. He was an extremely hard worker but always prioritized his family in everything that he did. He worked hard but made sure to always make memories with his family. Adrian will be truly missed by many.”
She added: “Our heartfelt condolences go out to the entire family during this very difficult time. The funds will be used to help the family with any expense needed during this trying time and any donation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance for your love, support and generosity!”
People commented on the page, offering their condolences.
“Adrian is truly missed but will always be in our hearts,” wrote one.
“A loving father, son, brother, husband, and also an amazing teammate! We miss you Adrian,” added another.
Mom’s Hilarious Reaction to Raptor Scare