Man Clings to Moving SUV in Rage Episode Caught on Video

January 27, 2019 Updated: January 27, 2019

BOSTON—State police say they were called to the Massachusetts Turnpike because a man was clinging to the hood of a moving SUV in an apparent road rage episode, some of which was caught on video.

Massachusetts State Police responded to Interstate 90 westbound in Weston on Friday, where witnesses had gotten the SUV to stop.

Police say that 37-year-old Mark Fitzgerald and 65-year-old Richard Kamrowski got into a minor crash, and that Kamrowski got onto Fitzgerald’s SUV.

Police say Fitzgerald traveled at speeds as high as 70 miles per hour, stopping and accelerating when Kamrowski didn’t get off.

Fitzgerald, of Lynn, is charged with assault with a dangerous weapon and other violations. Kamrowski, of Framingham, was charged with disorderly conduct.

Kamrowski told WBZ-TV he was trying to keep Fitzgerald from leaving the scene.

It’s unclear whether either man has a lawyer to speak for them. Neither was injured.

Dentist Arrested After Attacking 86-Year-Old Cab Driver In Road Rage Incident

Earlier this month, a dentist was arrested after attacking an elderly man in a road rage incident, the Massachusetts State Police said.

Nicholas Franco, 66, was apprehended on Jan. 4, for assault and battery upon an elderly person over 60 or disabled person with injury, the police said in a statement.

The charges stem from a road rage incident that took place in Boston near the intersection of Jeffries Road at Transportation Way.

Witnesses and video surveillance indicate that Franco cut off and stopped his 2016 Mercedes in front of a white taxi cab that was stopped at the traffic light at Harborside Drive. The video surveillance hasn’t been released.

“He exited his vehicle and walked over to the cab. The operator of the cab, an 86 year-old male exited his vehicle and the two engaged in a verbal altercation which led to Franco pulling the victim’s glasses off his face, pushing him to the ground and striking him in the torso. Franco then got back into his vehicle and left the scene,” the Massachusetts State Police said.

The elderly cab driver was taken to Mass General Hospital for a medical evaluation and Franco was arrested. He was scheduled to be arraigned in East Boston District Court on Friday afternoon, the state police said.

Jake Wark, a spokesman for the Suffolk district attorney’s office, confirmed that Franco was arraigned on a charge of assault and battery on an elderly person on Jan. 4.

Wark told the Boston Globe that Franco was released on his own recognizance and ordered to return to court on Feb. 26.

NTD reporter Zachary Stieber contributed to this report.