Lost Footage of Paul Walker Allegedly Surfaces More than 2 Years After His Death
New footage of late actor Paul Walker has allegedly emerged more than two years after his death.
The lost footage surfaced on YouTube uploader GTChannel. The channel wrote it found the footage during a recent move.
“GTChannel discovered unused footage of Paul visiting the world-renowned GT-R performance shop, Mine’s Motor Sports,” the channel wrote in a clip posted a week ago. “We share this as a tribute to Paul’s passion for cars, good humor, and a reminder of the gravity of such a loss. All proceeds from this video will be donated to the Paul Walker Foundation, a charity launched by Paul’s daughter as a tribute to his enduring legacy.”
Some people claimed that the footage had been out for several years, but GTChannel said only a small portion was released a few years ago. “We included some of the footage used in the previous video for those who haven’t seen it but the majority of the footage in this one was not released until now,” it said.
Walker, who starred in the “Fast and Furious” movies, died in a car crash in November 2013.
Recently, a judge in California awarded Walker’s daughter $10 million from the estate of Roger Rodas, the driver involved in the fatal accident.
“The amount paid by the estate of Roger Rodas into a trust for Meadow Walker only covers a fraction of what her father would have earned as an international movie star had his life not tragically been cut short,” Meadow’s lawyer Jeff Milam said in his statement, according to People magazine last Thursday.
“Through his estate, Mr. Rodas, the driver of the car, took partial responsibility for the crash. Meadow’s lawsuit against Porsche AG – a $13 billion corporation – intends to hold the company responsibly for producing a vehicle that was defective and caused Paul Walker’s death,” he added.
Rodas and Walker were in a Porsche Carrera GT that crashed and burst into flames in Santa Clarita, California, on Nov. 30, 2013. Walker was in the passenger seat at the time.