Kim Jong Un may have been ultimately responsible for the recent hack on Sony Pictures, according to reports this week.
It was reported that Princess Beatrice, who was working at Sony Pictures in London when the company’s network was hacked by North Korean cybercriminals.
On Tuesday, Mailonline.com said that files stolen from Sony Pictures revealed that Princess Beatrice, who is the first woman in line to the British throne, earns $30,000 per year. She was working as an intern at Sony at the time.
The data breach also revealed the phone numbers of Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, and Tom Hanks, reported the Telegraph. The pay details of about 6,000 Sony staff was also leaked. Judd Apatow and actor Sylvester Stallone apparently were hacked as well.
Beatrice is the daughter of Prince Andrew, the Duke of York. She’s sixth in line to the throne.
The royal got an internship at Sony Pictures during the start of the year. She doesn’t receive UK taxpayers’ money.
However, she does do royal engagements for her grandmother Queen Elizabeth.
She quit her job at Cabot Square Capital last year.
North Korean officials have denied the claims they were behind the massive hacking operation because of the James Franco and Seth Rogen film The Interview, which is a comedy about journalists being recruited to assassinate Kim Jong Un.
The comedy will be released Christmas Day.
The hackers allegedly said that “the movie of terrorism which can break the regional peace and cause the war!”
They added: “You, Sony and FBI, cannot find us.” North Korea said the film was an “undisguised sponsoring of terrorism” and also an “act of war.”