Kardashian is ‘Still in Shock’ Following Paris Armed Robbery

By Chika Dunu, Epoch Times
October 4, 2016 Updated: October 4, 2016

Kim Kardashian is “still in shock” and “absolutely traumatized” by the home invasion, where armed robbers dressed as police barged into her home and stole millions of dollars worth of jewelry.

“When the incident happened, [Kim] was half asleep and was woken up so abruptly,” a source close to Kardashian told Entertainment Tonight. “She was on little sleep to begin with since getting to Paris. She still hasn’t fully been able to comprehend what happened.”

As French police sought the five suspects responsible for the early morning heist, more information has been revealed about the Oct. 3 attack.

It was reported that a robe-wearing Kardashian was in her bed when she heard loud footsteps ascending towards her bedroom. She detected something was amiss and and began to call her bodyguard.

“She picked up her cell but wasn’t able to call [bodyguard] Pascal [Duvier] in time before one of the guys grabbed it out of her hand and she realized what was happening. It was absolutely horrific,” the source told the entertainment website.

Kardashian was unable to identify the assailants because they were wearing masks and gloves. Though the men didn’t speak English, Kardashian begged for them to spare her life, offering her valuables in exchange for her livelihood.

“All she kept saying over and over is ‘I have kids. Take anything you want. Please don’t kill me. Please don’t kill me,'” said Kardashian, according to the source.

It was also revealed that Kardashian wasn’t home alone, as previously reported. Friend and celebrity stylist Simone Harouche was asleep in a downstairs bedroom when she heard commotion upstairs, and immediately phoned for help, reported E! News.

“Simone texted [Kim’s bodyguard] Pascal Duvier and Kourtney Kardashian,” a source told E! News. “She couldn’t dial 911 from her phone.”

After the men left, Kardashian freed herself and ran down the stairs to Harouche. The reality television star still had duct tape wrapped around her legs,  instructing Harouche to “jump off the balcony” to escape. Police eventually arrived at the luxury residence, at which time both gave statements to investigators.

Kardashian has since returned to New York City and is said to be spending time with her two children and husband Kanye West.

“She’s very emotional. The scariest part for her throughout this experience is the fact that it could have been a lot worse, and she couldn’t imagine what that would have been like for her children,” said the source. “The kids have no idea what’s going on, thankfully.”

The couple’s children—three-year-old daughter North and 10-month-old son Saint—were in the US at the time of the incident.