Jessica Simpson wed her long-time fiancé and father of her two children, Eric Johnson this weekend. In a private ceremony, the details of which are already anticipated by many media, Simpson showed off her new figure in a Carolina Herrera wedding gown.
Prior to her wedding, Simpson trained with famous celebrity fitness coach and nutritionist Harley Pasternak to shed the baby weight after giving birth to her second child on June 30, 2013. Pasternak’s clientelle includes names like Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Megan Fox and many others.
Simpson is said to have lost 50 pounds after the baby. She posted photos of her success on her Instagram account.
According to Handbag.com, Simpson’s weight loss plan included sticking to a strict diet as well as doing work-out routines. Here are 6 things the mom of two did:
1. Walk 12,000 steps a day, tracking it with a pedometer. (But the more, the better)
2. Give up sugar and grains for their hidden calories.
3. Give up refined carbs like pasta and potatoes to avoid blood sugar spikes.
4. Upper-body work outs three times a week with weights.
5. Leg workouts twice a week, including hamstring curls and squats.
6. Planks – at least 4 x 60 second planks, twice a week.