Jennifer Lawrence Taking Break From Acting For a Year? New Report Says No

February 27, 2014 Updated: July 18, 2015

A rumor about Jennifer Lawrence taking a break from acting for a year has gone viral, with all media outlets quoting one source–film mogul Harvey Weinstein.

The mogul told The Sun that “She’s going to have a long break for a year where she won’t do anything. It’s been non-stop for her and she deserves a rest.” Later, gossip blogger Perez Hilton allegedly “confirmed” the statement.

Lawrence herself told Empire magazine earlier this month that: “I get little breaks here and there. But on the last day of ‘Hunger Games,’ I’m going to turn my phone off for a year.”

In December, she also discussed a break with USA Today. “I’ve built my career. I need to build my human life,” she said, referring to her romance with Nicholas Hoult. “I need to get a house and connect to the people around me and not work for a little while.”

However, there are several indications that Lawrence will not take a whole year off. 

One is a report from Gossip Cop which says that Weinstein was “misquoted.”

A source close to the mogul told the website that  British reporter was fishing for a newsworthy statement and published off-the-cuff comments as though they were inside information. “It’s not what he said,” the source said.

In addition, Lawrence has multiple projects in the pipeline, including a new version of John Steinbeck’s “East of Eden.” She’s also still filming “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay.” That film has two parts, which are being shot back-to-back.

She’s also rumored to be connected to other movies, such as “Burial Rites” and “The Glass Castle.”

Since her shot to fame in “X Men: First Class” and “The Hunger Games” in 2011 and 2012, she has made six films.

Follow Zachary on Twitter: @zackstieber
RECOMMENDED