‘I Got Shot in the Head’: Dayton Victim’s FaceTime Call to Father of Her Kids in Last Moments

August 6, 2019 Updated: August 6, 2019

A young mother who was gunned down in a shooting in Dayton, Ohio, this past weekend reportedly made a FaceTime call to her partner before she died.

Connor Betts killed 27-year-old Lois Oglesby as he opened fire with his high-capacity magazine rifle. The Oregon District, a busy scene for Dayton’s nightlife, was his target and he killed eight other people there. Twenty-seven people were wounded in his shooting rampage before Betts was engaged and neutralized by the police.

The Daily Mail reports that Oglesby made a final call to the father of two of her children via Facetime moments after she took a gunshot wound to her head. She had given birth to her third child just two months earlier.

The nursing student’s partner Daryl Lee, who went by the name Dee Lee, posted about her final call on Facebook, calling her a strong woman.

“She Facetimed me and said ‘Babe I just got shot in my head, I need to get to my kids,'” he recalled. “She was letting me know she loved me and to take care of these kids…I got you, babe! I can’t stop crying!”

Oglesby, who went by the name Lola on Facebook, had posted photos of her recent pregnancy and her newborn daughter, Reign, along with her 6-year-old daughter Hannah.

More than two hundred people have posted messages of mourning on Oglesby’s Facebook page in the past two days following the horrifying tragedy.

The police have also released the identities of the other victims of the Dayton mass shooting, reported the NPR News.

The victims include Saeed Saleh, 38, Derek Fudge, 57, Logan Turner, 30, Nicholas Cummur, 25, Thomas McNichols, 25, Beatrice Warren Curtis, 36, Monica Burkhouse, 39. Connor Betts also killed his sister Megan Betts, a 22-year-old student at Wright State University during the rampage.

In the surveillance camera footage that surfaced the internet, panicked people can be seen crouching down and running for their lives in all directions. The killer, 24-year-old Connor Betts, wearing what appeared to be tactical gear and a mask, was shooting from a rifle equipped with an extended magazine. Such a “double drum” magazine can hold as many as 250 cartridges. Betts was able to discharge 41 rounds before being gunned down by the police, Chief Richard Biehl of Dayton Police Department confirmed in a tweet.

The carnage in Dayton took place only 13 hours after a gunman launched a shooting spree at a Walmart store in El Paso, Texas, claiming the lives of 22 and leaving dozens injured.