The WireLurker Malware is the malware which is badly affecting iPhone and iPad. This malware has hit many iOS and OS X devices in China already. Therefore, most of the users across the globe are little worried about the security of their device.
I was searching and digging about the WireLurker Malware around the internet and then I come to know about it and it’s removal process via a guide by Reddit.
Additionally, I realized that I should share that guide with our readers too, in order to help them to remove this malware. So, today you will be learning that, “How to Remove WireLurker Malware from your iPhone and iPad?”
- Must Check: How to Jailbreak iOS 8 and 8.1 Using Pangu8
Learn-How to Remove WireLurker Malware From iPhone and iPad
So, friends now I am going to make you learn that, “How to remove WireLurker Malware?” Since, if you will not remove it then it may damage your iPhone or iPad badly and you will not be able to revive from it at all.
There are two different methods which you may follow to learn, “How to Remove WireLurker malware? One method is for Non-Jailbroken Devices and the second one is for Jailbroken devices. So, if your device is new and you have not Jailbroken it then apply first method and if you have Jailbroken your iOS device then apply second method.
Method One For Non-Jailbroken iOS Devices
This is the method and steps for non-Jailbroken iOS devices. If you have not Jailbreak your iPhone or iPad and it is running on the default OS then you are requested to follow these steps to analyze and remove WireLurker Malware from your device.
Additionally, remember one thing that if your device is non-Jailbroken then there are very few probabilities of getting affected by this malware.
However, it is always better to be on the safe side. As we have said that there are very few chances of getting affected, but there are some chances to get affected as well. So, you are supposed to follow these steps to learn that, “How to Remove and analyze WireLurker Malware From iPhone and iPad which are not Jailbroken?” So, you are requested to follow the steps clearly.
- First of all go to Settings and then tap on General
- Now from General, you need to tap on Profile
- Afterwards, under the profile, you are supposed to search for any anomalous or unknown profile in the list, simply delete that unknown profile (This means you are affected)
- After that, you need to check for all installed apps and if you find any suspicious and unknown apps in the list, then you are requested to delete those unknown and suspicious apps
- That’s It!
Method Two for Jailbroken Device
This is the method for the Jailbroken devices to learn that, “How to remove WireLurker Malware from iPhone and iPad?” The chances of being affected of Jailbroken devices are much more and it is sensitive too.
Therefore, it is very much important for you guys to know that whether your device is affected or not. Since, this piece of writing of our consists both way of analyzing and removing WireLurker Malware.
- First of all ensure that your Jailbroken device has ability to access system directories for that ensure you have iFile installed from Cydia and ability to SSH into your iOS device
- After that you need to go to /Library and then /MobileSubstrate
- Now you need to go to /Dynamiclibraries
- Afterwards, you are supposed to search for file which is named as sfbase.dylib, and if you will find the file with that name then that means your device is affected by WireLurker Malware. If you will not be able to find that file that means your device is not infected yet
- Finally, you are requested and suggested to delete sfbase.dylib file without any delay. However, we would recommend you to restore your device rather than deleting only that file
- That was it!
This was the helpful guide for you guys which will make you learn that, “How to remove WireLurker Malware from iPhone and iPad?” I am sure that your all queries and tensions have been ended along with this guide.
However, if you still have any confusions related to this article then do let us know. We shall try to remove your all queries as soon as possible. Additionally, if you found this guide helpful then do share this guide with your friends too, in order to make them safe and secure too.