‘House of Cards’ Ending Amid Allegations Against Kevin Spacey: Report

October 30, 2017 Updated: October 30, 2017

Netflix’s popular political drama “House of Cards” will end after its sixth season amid allegations that star Kevin Spacey made an inappropriate advance towards a 14-year-old.

The Hollywood Reporter on Monday reported that the show will end in 2018:

The final run of House of Cards, which stars Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright as ruthless and ambitious beltway couple, will debut its last 13 episodes in 2018. Executive producers Melissa James Gibson and Frank Pugliese, who replaced exiting creator Beau Willimon last year, are both expected to return as co-showrunners.

On Sunday, “Rent” actor Anthony Rapp said Spacey made an advance toward him when he was just a teen. Spacey was 26 at the time.

Spacey then released a statement after the allegations surfaced, saying it was “inappropriate drunken behavior,” according to numerous media reports.

Former “House of Cards” showrunner Beau Willimon described the allegations against Spacey as “deeply troubling,” the New York Post reported. He said that he wasn’t aware of any inappropriate behavior on his show.

RECOMMENDED