A heartbreaking video shows a girl getting ready for cheerleading before her home blew up, according to her family.
Linda “Michellita” Rogers died about a year ago.
In the day of her death, after waking up before the rest of her family, the Texas girl said she was excited for taking part in the National Cheerleaders Association.
“Good morning. It’s 6:02 a.m. Friday. … I’m going to get ready. I’m going to start with hair, turn on my lamp because I don’t want to turn on all of the lights….so, yeah,” she said, WFAA reported.
In another video, Linda, with her cheerleading outfit on, she said she had one braid done but was trying to do another one.
“I’ll straighten, curl it, poof it, whatever..so, yeah,” she said.
In the third video, she was trying to straighten the camera out, but then, a flash of light appeared across the video before it went black.
Linda’s home blew up, and she was later pronounced dead at the Children’s Medical Center Dallas.
Her family discovered that her cellphone wasn’t damaged in the blast, according to reports.
12-year-old Linda "Michellita" Rogers captured on video the happy moments before she died in a natural-gas explosion at…
“Some days, I don’t feel the damage in my body,” the girl’s mother, Maria Rogers, told the Dallas Morning News on Feb. 20.
Rogers, her husband, and her son survived the explosion, she added.
She added: “I feel the pain in my heart.”
"I don't want this to happen to another family."The images of an excited 12-year-old happily chatting as she makes videos on her cell phone are heartbreaking to watch.
Linda’s family authorized the release of the three videos showing the girl’s final moments.
The blast was triggered due to Atmos Energy’s leaking natural gas pipes, which caused three homes in the area to explode last February, WFAA reported.
“There’s been nine homes that have exploded in the Dallas area since 2006,” said attorney Ted Lyon, who is representing the family.
“Twenty people have been seriously burned and several have been killed,” Lyon added. “They are consciously not taking care of their business. The only time they take care of business is when somebody burns to death or some house explodes.”
Atmos blamed heavy rains that caused serious underground shifts, causing the pipes to leak.
“They’re gambling with people’s lives,” Lyon said.
Warning: Graphic and distressing content. Tragically, this was the last thing she ever did.
Atmos said it has replaced about 100 miles of steel and cast iron pipes in Dallas, but there is more work to be done.
Mother Still Grieving
“Michelita was a princess,” her mother added to WFAA, using her other name. “Everybody loved Michellita.”
Her mother added that the girl wanted to become a doctor and donate a kidney.
“She says she wants to be the top, top, top doctor,” her mom said. “Everything. Her heart. Her kisses. Her loss. Everything,” she added.
Meanwhile, before the blast, Rogers said there was no warning.
“They never go house to house and knock on the door and say ‘you need to get out because there’s danger here,’” she said.
The family of a 12-year-old Dallas girl killed in a natural gas explosion hopes releasing these videos of her final…
Other victims also told WFAA they couldn’t smell the gas before the explosions.
“I will never feel safe again,” Maria Rogers told WFAA. “I don’t know how to protect my family. Atmos took away my sense of safety.”
“She was all my life,” her mother said. “She was the little piece of the sky hidden there.”
From NTD News