Seventy-nine years ago on March 10, 1940, Carlos Ray Norris, a.k.a Chuck Norris, was born in a hospital in Ryan, Oklahoma.
The oldest amongst three brothers, Norris was “the shy kid who never excelled at anything in school” but eventually picked up martial arts, while serving in the U.S. Air Force.
Norris then went on to become a martial artist, earning a black belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu and winning championships. He even pioneered his own martial arts style “Chun Kuk Do” and established his karate studio.
In the 60s, Norris opened more than 30 karate studios and trained celebrities like Priscilla Presley and actor Steve McQueen, who eventually encouraged him into acting.
With his exemplary fighting skills, Norris began starring in action-packed movies. He made his debut in the 1968 film The Wrecking Crew. Norris is best remembered for playing the character Colt against Bruce Lee in the 1972 martial arts film Way of the Dragon.
Here's a photo from last year, of my twins Danilee and Dakota, right after they passed their test for 2nd degree black…
Alluding to his old friend and opponent Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris once said: “The truth is Lee was a formidable opponent with a chiseled physique and technique. I totally enjoyed sparring and just spending time with him. He was as charismatic and friendly in the ring and at home as he was on film. His confidence and wit were dazzling, and sometimes even debilitating to others. […] Lee was lightning fast, very agile and incredibly strong for his size.”
When asked whether he would have beaten Bruce Lee in a real competition, Chuck Norris replied with a humble martial arts attitude.
“You’ll forgive me for answering with another Bruceism: ‘Showing off is the fool’s idea of glory,’” Norris said.
"Be Water, My Friend" Bruce Lee used film as a way to dramatize martial arts and philosophical lessons. The fight…
As Chuck Norris celebrates his 79th birthday, we honor this legendary actor and martial artist by sharing 15 hilarious Chuck Norris “facts”—satirical factoids that have become an internet phenomenon.
- The first rule of Chuck Norris is: you do not talk about Chuck Norris.
- Chuck Norris’s tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.
- Dinosaurs went extinct because they heard Chuck Norris was coming.
- People have often asked the United States, what is your secret weapon against terrorists? We simply reply…Chuck Norris
- When Chuck Norris sends in his taxes, he sends blank forms and includes only a picture of himself, crouched and ready to attack. Chuck Norris has not had to pay taxes ever.
- When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn’t get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris.
- Chuck Norris’s house has no doors, only walls that he walks through.
- When taking the SAT, write “Chuck Norris” for every answer. You will score a 1600.
- Chuck Norris doesn’t wear a watch, he decides what time it is.
- Santa Claus asks Chuck Norris for presents.
- Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas.
- In the first Jurassic Park movie, the Tyrannosaurus Rex wasn’t chasing the jeep. Chuck Norris was chasing the Tyrannosaurus and the jeep.
- The Great Wall of China was originally created to keep Chuck Norris out. It failed miserably.
- Chuck Norris can divide by zero.
- Chuck Norris can taste lies.
My next movie was "Delta Force 2". What was your favorite scene from this movie? God bless, Chuck Norris Instagram.com/chucknorris
Jokes aside, below are three inspirational quotes by Chuck Norris.
- Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth.
- A lot of times people look at the negative side of what they feel they can’t do. I always look on the positive side of what I can do.
- Violence is my last option.
Happy Birthday, Chuck Norris! Wishing you a long life and good health.
We hope Norris’s birthday is celebrated as a national holiday so that we can get another a day off. Just kidding!
Watch the video below: