Girl Dies After Taking ‘MasterCard’ Pill in the UK

May 2, 2016 11:33 am Last Updated: May 2, 2016 1:28 pm

A teenage girl in the U.K. died after taking “MasterCard” ecstacy, named as such because it looks like the credit card company’s logo.

Police are calling on anyone who may have taken the pill to seek medical attention immediately.

The girl was found unresponsive at around 5 a.m. Monday at Victoria Warehouse in Trafford, Greater Manchester, reported the Metro. It is believed that she took one of the pills while on a night out.

The girl was taken to the hospital, and she was later pronounced dead.

She reportedly took the drug at club Don’t Let Daddy Know.

Detective Inspector Helen Bell told The Independent: “This is a tragic situation, the death of a young person is always devastating, but in these circumstances, it is all the more heart breaking. My thoughts are with her family and friends at this time.”

(Google Street View)
(Google Street View)

“Sadly we know it is very unlikely that the girl was the only person to have taken this drug last night.”

“We are appealing to anyone who may have taken this form of ecstasy, known as ‘MasterCard’ to get checked out urgently. Even if you took it some hours ago, this pill will still be in your system and could be seriously harming your health.”

He added: “Anyone with any information about what happened or where this drug may have come from is asked to contact police as soon as possible.”

Don’t Let Daddy Know, or DLDK, kicked off 9 p.m. on Sunday and ran until 6 a.m. on Monday. Cops were called to the club after the girl reportedly fell ill, reported The Guardian.

DLDK features “world entertainment, cutting-edge production and mind-blowing special effects.”