Frog in Beans Can Startles Family in Indiana

By Alex Johnston, Epoch Times
April 29, 2013 7:03 pm Last Updated: April 30, 2013 7:08 am

Frog in beans can: An Indiana woman said she found a frog inside a can of green beans that she purchased at a local Meijer store.

The South Bend, Ind., family made their dinner and heated up green beans from a can in the microwave when they made the discovery

“I cooked them in the microwave with butter and salt and pepper, put them on the table and my son put some on his dish and said ‘What is this?’ I looked and put it in my hand and said ‘Oh my God, it’s a little frog,’” Gloria Chubb told CBS Detroit. “Needless to say, everybody dumped theirs out and I was nauseated for three days,” she said.

Chubb said that her family eats “a lot of green beans, we do, we did. Nobody wants anymore now,” reported CNN.

She got the St. Joseph County Health Department to take pictures of the amphibian.

“I didn’t see it when I dumped it- I didn’t see it at all until after I cooked it in the microwave,” Chubb told the network, adding she wanted the health department to get involved to warn others.

Chubb said she is unsure as to how the frog got there.

“I’m sure it’s like cans on the line, you know. Maybe a frog jumped in,” she said. “I don’t know why it would be in there in the first place, but anyway, then the green beans went in the cans through the line, I’m sure.”

A family in Grand Ledge, Mich., also found a frog in their Meijer mixed vegetables three years ago, pointed out.