An explosion injured at least two people and destroyed a dorm room at Murray State University in Kentucky on Wednesday evening, it was reported.
“There was an explosion at Richmond Hall. Emergency Personnel are on the scene. Stay out of the area,” the university tweeted.
A natural gas leak caused the blast, Calloway County Emergency Management Director Clay Call was quoted as saying by WDRB.
One was treated for minor injuries on the scene; the other, a university employee, was taken to a local hospital for treatment, Call said.
The dorm, Richmond Hall, showed signs of severe damage—with debris strewn about in front.
The school’s website says 268 students reside there.