The Drudge Report’s focus for a time on Wednesday were about satanists holding a black mass ceremony this month in Oklahoma City.
The event will go on despite a number of protests by Oklahoma City residents and a lawsuit filed by the Catholic Church.
One of the founders, Adam Daniels, told ABC: “One of the dictates of the church is not only to educate the members but to educate the public and to debunk the Hollywood-projected image of our beliefs.”
He said that about 88 tickets for the event on Sept. 21 were sold. It will be held at a civic center in Oklahoma City.
“Mr. Daniels must abide by our local ordinances, our fire codes and all of our state laws,” Parks and Recreation spokeswoman Jennifer Lindsey-McClintock said, according to ABC News. “No bloodletting of any kind will be allowed.”
The tickets cost $17.50 and includes a performance from a band.
According to VICE News last month, a Catholic Archbishop dropped a lawsuit over the black mass
Oklahoma City Archbishop Paul Coakley has said, “The specific Satanic ritual known as a ‘black mass’ is intended as a deliberate attack on the Catholic Mass as well as the foundational beliefs of all Christians with the stated purpose of mocking the Catholic faith.”